Saturday 9 March 2013

Vanilla Spiced Latte soap

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've decided to focus a little more on bars of soap instead of cupcakes, and have created a bakery/cafe themed range. This is the first addition to my new range - a Vanilla Spiced Latte! Check out the pictures below.

Vanilla Spiced Latte handmade soap just poured in the mould
This is the soap just poured in the mould. I marked out on my mould where each bar would probably get cut, and positioned cinnamon sticks so when cut, each bar should have a lovely wafer. I was crossing my fingers a bit with this one, and was quite pleased with how it came out ...

A perfect soapy latte! Vanilla Spiced Latte
Handmade cold process soap - Vanilla Spiced Latte


I'm so pleased with how this one turned out, it looks exactly how I wanted it to. A lovely dark base with a fluffy white top - the perfect latte! When it was first cut, the lower brown part was not as dark, but due to the vanilla fragrance, it turned darker as soon as I started cutting it. For those of you who don't know - vanilla tends to darken soap, but as I wanted a nice brown colour, it worked quite well!

I stuck to my tried and true recipe of coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil and castor oil, but it's got a good hunk of unrefined cocoa butter in it as well, making it super good for your skin. I love using unrefined cocoa butter in soap; the entire time you're melting it, your kitchen smells like chocolate! Win!

The smell consists of a lovely buttery vanilla, with hints of ginger spice and a lovely mocha base. It smells divine, I can't wait till it cures! I will be putting this in my Folksy Shop even though it still has three weeks left to cure. Any orders placed before the 30th March (final cure date) will be shipped out after it's cured. This little beauty is sure to be worth the wait!

Happy Saturday!

Naomi




No comments:

Post a Comment