Sunday 21 April 2013

More bespoke wedding favours!

Hey everyone,

Thought I would do another blog about my most recent project. I was approached before Christmas and asked to design 80 wedding favours for a wedding at the end of April. The colours were green and the couple were very keen on a his/hers theme. I met with the bride and she told me what scents she liked and what colours she was interested in, I went away and took some notes and worked out what I would need to undertake the project.

In February I ordered all the ingredients in and started planning the recipes. 

Here are the final versions:

Ladies' Choice - handmade soap wedding favours

Both together

Men's Choice - handmade soap wedding favours
So the ladies' soaps are a lovely light pastel green, scented with black raspberry & vanilla with extra added vanilla to create more of a deep vanilla punch. The top is textured and coated in glitter. I added shea butter to create a softening, creamy bar.

The gent's soap is my popular Mountain soap just in half-bar sizes. The scent is fresh, masculine and lingering. It has added ground apricot stones to make it scrubby, designed to help you wake up when you get in the shower early. The recipe also has cocoa butter, which makes a harder and bubbly bar for you to soap with. (Perfect for the shower!)

I was very pleased with how these favours came out - all my batches were spot on, the colours came out exactly as I wanted, and the labels look fantastic with the bride and groom's names. I boxed them up last night, and they're being collected today for the wedding on Thursday. I really hope they look lovely on the tables, and that they match perfectly with the green colour scheme.

I think personalised wedding favours are so lovely. They make that special day so much more special because it's something you've picked and someone has helped you create, making your day exactly how you want it.

What did you have as your wedding favours? Let me know what you think of these!

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment